Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hectic Days..or Just say, "No."

Everybody has hectic days and today was one of mine.  Then again..I have a LOT of hectic days.  I wanted to be more productive then I was.  I went to the fabric store and bought some patterns that were on sale.  I have had every intention of doing some sewing for the past three or four days.  However, we are not in control of the steps that the Lord orders for the day. While at the fabric store my son called me wanting me to drive him three counties away so he could go to a University Football game.  So, I did.
Still thinking that I had a good half a day to sew, my sister called wanting to come up, so I said yes.
  I know, I know, some would say, "why not just say no?"  Well, I could, but for some reason I hate to disappoint people.  Mainly because I hate to be disappointed.  I always think, "What if I wanted to do this, or that and someone said no, that could say yes?"  I would think that they didn't really care, so I say yes.  I do know how to say no, and I have said no.  I just always feel quilty when I do.  Well okay, enough of that, lol. 
  I did manage to get my paper patterns cut out.  Maybe next week I will have time to actually cut the fabric out, and sew.  I have been wanting to make pajamas out of recycled vintage chenille bedspreads, forever.  I saw some in this boutique in Atlanta, Georgia about fifteen years ago.  The only problem was that I didn't know where to find vintage chenille bedspreads.  I didn't want to cut up a really good bedspread either.  Then I discovered ebay.  I love ebay, and if I can't find it anywhere else, I can usually find it there.  Sometimes, you can get great deals, sometimes you can get took.  You should really look around and check out thrift stores and yard sales first.  The internet can be so awesome and a wonderful tool.  Then again, because I work with troubled youth, I recognize it can be a harmful tool of destruction to the mind of a young person, and in the hands of the wrong person.  Responsible parents should always be aware of where their children are going.  That is good parenting, and as a mother who cares what my children are taking in, I try to check often on the sites they are visiting.  okay, jumping of that soapbox now.  Back to the pajamas.  I hope to be finished with them by Wednesday next week and will take a picture and post it.  I have about three bedspreads, that are know as cutters.  They have some flaws that keep them from being perfect bedspreads, but not so much that they can't be repurposed into something cute and usable.  If you read this and you have any great ideas for used for chenille bedspreads, post it.  I'd love to hear about it.  I enjoy hearing new ideas.  Well, it's late, and there's church in the morning.  Have a good night and a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment