Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hand Sewn Espadrilles..Gotta Love Shabby Roses

I found this great little pattern..well actually I've had it for a while.  I just realized upon finding it again, that I'd reallly like to try this.  I am so glad I did.  I really love these little espadrille house shoes.  There are so many variations you can do.  I made three pair today.  Each time I tried something a little different.  The first pair was totally by the book.  Not my favorite way I must say.  So I tweaked it a bit and found I made them more comfortable to wear, and much quicker and easier.  The pattern called for stiff interfacing and cotton fabric.  While it was cute, these were the changes I made.  I kept the stiff interfacing for the sole, but also added a layer of quilting cotton, sandwiched between chenille on the top, and an upholstery fabric for the bottom of the sole.  I also used quilting cotton for the top upper part, but for the heel I used the stiffer interfacing.  So Cute..So Shabby Chic.  I love those little roses on this fabric. I am going to continue to make these.  I think these will make great Christmas gifts for nieces.  Send a comment if you might like to try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment